3. When I'm in a movie and I find a piece of caramel popcorn in the middle of my butter popcorn
5. Making someone else smile/laugh
9. Old jeans
10. When someone remembers small details about me
12. Or just really meaningful ones
15. The sky
19. Quotes (good ones)
28. Receiving "just because" e-mails
29. Hearing a song I used to love when I was a kid on the radio
30. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer
31. Goggles (the word, the person, and the actual things)
32. Inside jokes that never die
33. Running through sprinklers
34. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about me
35. When a random person in the mall smiles at me
37. Old Disney movies
38. Colored chalk
39. Sofana's dip
40. Lemony Snicket
43. When something finally makes sense
45. Open-minded people
46. When a baby wraps his hand around my finger
49. Family Guy
52. Walking to no where in particular
54. Sleeping in
55. The smell of a new book
57. Baby shoes
59. Kids that say the darndest things:
(Their housekeeper was making us chicken burgers, when suddenly Dana walked in and said...)
"Danya, your buns are toasted."
Jennah, my cousin:
(First day I met her)
"Danya, your feet are pretty."
"I'm wearing shoes…"
"I know. They're still pretty :)"
"Just so you know, I'm not intimate with your foot."
Zeina, my sister:
(On the phone talking to her friend)
"But biology is geometry and geometry is psychology, you see."
60. Fighting with my brother and sister about the stupidest things in the car just because we're bored witless and making my dad say:
61. Baby giraffes
62. Baby zebras
63. Baby monkeys
64. Baby elephants
65. Oh I'll go ahead and say it: Babies. When they're not crying
69. Blowing bubbles
70. Creative advertisements
71. Drawing on walls
72. People who wear the weirdest clothes in public. Cheers, I secretly want to be like you
74. Happy endings. I don't care if they're cheesy or impossible. I don't see a movie because I want to see an adaptation of real life; I see a movie because I want to get away from it. So bring on the sappy lameness, I really don't mind.
75. Old sitcoms I used to watch when I was a kid. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Saved by the Bell, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Clueless....
79. Being spoiled when I have stomach cramps
80. Being right
81. Remembering who a certain person looks like after racking my brain for ages
82. Dr. Suess
83. Dr. Pepper
86. Sour mangoes
87. Hand-written letters
88. Floating on my back in the swimming pool
89. Grilled sandwiches
90. The way a paper feels after it's been almost completely covered with writing from a ballpoint pen
91. Listening to my mom tell a bedtime story she made up on the spot
92. Not having to set an alarm
93. Going to bed with my sheets fresh from the laundry
94. Playing Slapjack with Alia
95. Photobooths (P.S. Fati you still didn't give me that Photobooth picture from Berlin)
96. Little kids with non-American accents
97. Chips (French fries) that are crunchy from the outside and soft on the inside
98. Adventures in Ikea
99. Vacuum lines in the carpet
100. Pretending to have a British accent
101. Writing things on foggy mirrors and watching them appear again the next time I take a bath
102. Large sweatshirts
When Love Story (Taylor Swift) meets Viva La Vida (Coldplay). Alone: two overrated songs. Combined: Something close to magical.
And I just love watching their faces. They look so happy it's kind of cute. Music at its rawest.
So that's it. 105 things that make me smile.
I now demand that you tell me (at least) 5 things that make you smile.