Friday, September 11, 2009

Meet Jeffrey the Robot + my bookshelves


so about a couple of weeks ago, i was watching the fireflies music video for the million and first time, and i thought to myself,
man i'd love to have a robot in my room.


and then, a few hours later, when i was on my bed, slowly drifting into sleep, i jumped up and thought,
why the heck not?!


and so i shared this dark dark secret with my dear cousin alia.
and we decided to make a cardboard robot.



he's not complete yet.
i have big plans for him.
but i am impatient and i want to show you guys.



so, guys,
meet...




Jeffrey the Robot.


he still needs arms and legs.
and we're going to glue a bunch of nifty gadget-like stuff to his torso.
+ a couple of other surprises you'll see later.

but yes.
isn't he awesome?



on another grand note,
guess what?

I FINALLY HAVE BOOKSHELVES.



(click to enlarge)

we moved a few months ago, and we haven't really officially settled in yet.
i hate my room.
mainly because i didn't choose the furniture myself.
my parents got sick and tired of waiting for me to find something i liked
(it's not my fault i want my room to look like a flea market and we don't have that kind of stuff here it saudi -_-),
so one day they surprised me by coming back from furniture shopping and telling me,
oh hey danya, guess what? we bought you furniture.

awuppahhh!!!
not.
it's all darkwood furniture, which sucks.
except the bed.
it's kinda cool.
it's japanese-style.
plus they failed to get me any bookshelves or something to store my stuff in.
BIG problem, with me being the pathological junk-hoarder that i am.
(that's why alia and i managed to make Jeffrey a bit quickly. i had a collection of toilet paper tubes. don't ask why)
so yeh that's why i'm a bit psyched about the bookshelves.

but anyway.
i discovered that i don't actually have as many books as i thought i did.
and you know what this means?
i need to stop borrowing stuff from the library.
cos i like to actually own the books i read.
plus the librarians are starting to think i have no social life.

pshaw.
i so do.

well not currently.
thanks to AP chemistry.



but anyway. here's my favorite part:


my jodi picoult collection!!!



and here's my least favorite part:

my torture tools collection.




annnd that's it for today.
hope you're all well.
tell me about your day, etc.


**p.s. blogger seriously needs to do something about photo options. some technologically-challenged people like yours truly really don't have the patience to go through flaming hoops just to post good quality photos.



take care :)



%

18 comments:

Moondust(: said...

I only found one thing to put on jeffrey
andit super small
and gay
I see you added something to the top of his head
FUCK YES YOU GOT THE BOOKSHELVES!!!
i shall see you later tonight, love you!

Danya A. said...

Nah I didn't :p that's just the tiny lil lego thing I "borrowed" from Yousuf :p
Yeh I'll see you at khalo's! wish we could ditch and just hang out at my place but nuuuuu.
Love you too :]

JJ said...

Hippest robot EVER.
And that's more books than I'll ever own my entire life.
I love you x

Fatima said...

Ahh! Agdar ashouf ashya2 mn el MUN trips :( I miss ittt.

Books are beautiful. Buy more books! :P
By the way, 5l9ti The Time Traveler's Wife?

Unknown said...

I like everything about you!

I like your robot, I like your book collection (aside from your chemistry section don't let those books even touch me or I'll get hives) I like your idea for a flea market room, I like your pack rat sensibility, I like your writing, and I like you.

There's probably more, but that's enough for today. =)

Unknown said...

Oh. I lied. I like that you just decided to build your own robot. That's one of my favorite qualities in people - those who say, 'why not?' and then don't stop there, but just DO IT because, well, you can. And you did.

Unknown said...

Oh. I lied. I like that you just decided to build your own robot. That's one of my favorite qualities in people - those who say, 'why not?' and then don't stop there, but just DO IT because, well, you can. And you did.

Unknown said...

bahhahaha! you are so freakin' creative, i love it!!! the robot is ingenious!

Samar said...

Danya you loser, get me back my political book I gave you a gazillion years ago. I'm working on my book collection too and I can't not have Noam Chomsky in it! and you BETTER not have lost it. Because I'm stealing two of your Jodi Picoult's collection if you have. You know I'd do it.

Danya, you made me angry.

Tamara said...

dont you just love Jodi Picoult?
even though all her books all almost very similar and related, i still love her

Wuthering said...

I'll have to check Jodi Picoult out. If you love her, surely I will too!

Funny, when i had enlarged the picture my eyes went to the two featured pictures.

I so wish to live in Saudi so I could force you to study with me. Its so hard to find a good study partner.

loved the tag: I just rambled about bookshelves, haha.

btw, your robot is a cutie! ...your dark secret... haha.

Samar said...

omg Danya!! you have Snow?! omg I'll cry.

And I saw my Noam Chomsky book in the bottom shelf. You better bring it first, I mean second, day of school.

Caathy♥ said...

hah, He's fab (:

Thanks for following me, im following you too.

Your blog is so epic :O


Cathy xo

Ahmed said...

I like it when I jump to an awesome blog all of sudden! gotta love this. Your robot is zexy .. I can't wait to see the final result. I hope he can do cookies!..Mabrouk your bookshelves. Mine got broke ='( I need a new one. Your book collection is great! u have some classics :D ..

Ahmed said...

;p i forget to say cheers to Regina Spektor

Kelsie Lynn said...

the robot! haha
i love how you like to create things.
robot=awsome.

Kelsie Lynn said...

the robot! haha
i love how you like to create things.
robot=awsome.

Megan said...

i ADORE jodi picoult...which one is your favorite?