Wednesday, September 23, 2009

And we’ll fill the metro skies with country air






September 21st was the International Day of Peace.
I'm kind of bummed that it went by without anyone here really making a big deal out of it.
I completely forgot about it until today. I knew something seemed familiar about the date, but for some reason I thought that peace day was on the 24th of October... but that's UN day! (And my friend Fatima's birthday). Stupid!

I saw an ad on TV for Peace One Day (the organization that helped officially kickstart peace day).
It had kids defining peace. It was really lovely and it made me tear up. They really hit the nail on the head, those kids. They see things more clearly than we do, sometimes.
I tried to find it for you guys but I couldn't :[ So I don't think it's an official Peace One Day ad, although they did show the logo at the end.

You can catch the full Peace One Day documentary here. I'm watching it now; I'm about 20 minutes through it.
This guy is really inspiring. I can't say I've seen many people as determined as he is. And he faced a room full of Arab politicians :p with the issue of Palestine bound to arise, it was pretty brave of him, if I do say so myself - no matter how bad he think he did.
I'm determined to find out as much about this as I can.



On a brighter note, is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen?

Nizlopi - JCB song


It made me smile like I just had Botox and my face was fixed permanently into a wide grin.
OPTIMUS PRIME!
And noticed Mary Poppins at the end?
I've been going around singing, "I'm Luke, I'm five, and my dad's Bruce Lee! Drives me 'round in his JCB!" and annoying quite a few people but I don't care.


I also saw the most amazing fireworks display I've ever seen earlier tonight.
I swear it was like diamonds in the sky.
Whenever the fireworks disappeared they re-appeared two seconds later like twinkling diamonds. I'm not exaggerating; that's what it looked like.
I was in awe.


So ok that's it for today.
Happy late peace day.
On second thought.
Happy peace day!
Cos everyday should be peace day.


Yes I'm corny but I promise eventually you'll learn to deal with it.


%

9 comments:

JJ said...

=] Lets bottle you up in a drink, call it Peace, mass produce it, and have peace day everyday!
I wish you had your camera, because those fireworks really were beautiful; Im so glad I got to see them with you !
Maybe theyll have more today for Saudi day. We should go to the corniche again =]
x

Fatima said...

Happy peace day Danya :)

And thank you for mentioning my birthday in your post :P

I like this.
I like you.

Anonymous said...

Well how about Late Happy Eid 1st! :P
wOO ba3deen happy Peace Day.

There are a lot Happy this and that these days.

And I LOVEED the song! @_@ !! THanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

8-), %, lvoe, Can't believe a person like you exists.

LUMBERZACK said...

*sigh*
I had the exact same predicament. I went the entire day staring at the date and saying to myself, "What IS it about this date?"
Then I talked to you and you were talking about Peace Day, and I was like, "Ooooooooh that's what it was!"
Haha thanks, Bear!
Happy Peace Day!

summah!!!! said...

SEEING YOU SUPER SOOOOONNNN !!!
I CANT WAIT BABYYYY <333333
its been way waay 2 long
im watching the documentary now, only cuz i no u'll kill me if i dont
wish i was there with u guys 2 c the fireworks ! i bet jj cried ... pansy girl hehe
i love u xxx

Unknown said...

My favorite thing I used to sing was:

I like your mom and it's no fad
I wanna marry her and be your dad.
I like your mom! I like your mom!
I like your mooooooooooooom!

and everyone would glare at me and/or punch me until i stopped, depending on the severity of my repetition and volume level.

sorry, random.

but yea. also, p.s. i've decided you need to post every single day because i like your blog bestest and i go to read it almost every day regardless. and if you don't i'm going to post comment after comment anyway so there.

okbye.

Unknown said...

My favorite thing I used to sing was:

I like your mom and it's no fad
I wanna marry her and be your dad.
I like your mom! I like your mom!
I like your mooooooooooooom!

and everyone would glare at me and/or punch me until i stopped, depending on the severity of my repetition and volume level.

sorry, random.

but yea. also, p.s. i've decided you need to post every single day because i like your blog bestest and i go to read it almost every day regardless. and if you don't i'm going to post comment after comment anyway so there.

okbye.

Unknown said...

My favorite thing I used to sing was:

I like your mom and it's no fad
I wanna marry her and be your dad.
I like your mom! I like your mom!
I like your mooooooooooooom!

and everyone would glare at me and/or punch me until i stopped, depending on the severity of my repetition and volume level.

sorry, random.

but yea. also, p.s. i've decided you need to post every single day because i like your blog bestest and i go to read it almost every day regardless. and if you don't i'm going to post comment after comment anyway so there.

okbye.